Helminths are parasitic worms and their larvae that can infect various tissues of the human body and remain there for quite a long time, continuing to multiply and poison the body with the products of their vital activity. The presence of parasites causes significant intoxication of the organism. Their presence can be determined by a number of signs, which we will talk about later.
Determination of the presence of parasites by the work of the digestive system
The human digestive system necessarily reacts to the presence of parasites in its body. This is especially pronounced when there is a sufficiently large number of helminths in the intestine. The following symptoms may indicate this:
- daily bowel movements such as diarrhea followed by constipation. Such manifestations may indicate the beginning of the development of intestinal obstruction;
- regular bouts of nausea and vomiting for no apparent reason;
- painful and sometimes intense abdominal pain, most often localized in the navel;
- a feeling of discomfort, and sometimes pain in the right hypochondrium, which may get worse after eating;
- frequent cases of flatulence, or, on the contrary, difficulty in exiting gases, which causes bloating.
The intensity of symptoms is influenced by the type of helminth present in the human body, as well as the amount of poison they release. Symptoms of helminthiasis are especially pronounced during the period of active reproduction of parasites in the body. The poisons released during the life of the worms enter the intestinal tissue, which does not have the most positive effect on their peristalsis. In addition, persistent diarrhea leads to impaired absorption of nutrients. In this case, impurities of bile and mucus may appear in the stool.
But the main danger of intestinal invasion is that the presence of parasites in the intestine can cause its obstruction. And this, in turn, causes severe pain in the abdomen and the appearance of serious complications.
How to determine the presence of helminths by the work of the brain and the nervous system?<1_img_centerxx>
The human brain and its nervous system can also signal that the parasites in the body are doing their dirty work. In addition, such symptoms can be called dangerous, since a person does not always associate such phenomena as, for example, dizziness or chronic fatigue, with helminthiasis, attributing this to other diseases. And in vain, because the reason for the success of the egg leaf test may be:
- severe headache lasting several days and similar to migraines;
- increased body temperature, sometimes reaching quite high levels;
- dull or intense muscle pain, worse at night or after physical exertion;
- feeling of constant fatigue, caused by a deficiency of beneficial trace elements;
- regular sleep disturbances, including insomnia and nightmares;
- problems with brain activity, caused by a decrease in concentration;
- frequent bouts of irritability for no apparent reason;
- morning weakness that appears even after a good sleep.
People often attribute such symptoms to the usual vitamin deficiency or vegetative-vascular dystonia. For this reason, if you have one or more warning signs, it is recommended that you see a doctor for an examination for the presence of helminths.
Allergies and other signs of the presence of parasites in the body
In addition to the alarming symptoms described above, a person infected with helminths may develop other signs, for example, allergies. This is because the parasites in the body produce toxic substances that cause it to perceive its own proteins as foreign elements and fight them off. This leads to an increase in the number of leukocytes in the blood, which in turn causes a rash and itching. Sometimes a patient with helminthiasis can be disturbed by other manifestations of allergies - runny nose, cough, tearing. Some patients have problems such as hair loss, brittle nails, and cracked feet. In such cases, recovery is possible only after the complete removal of parasites from the body.
Deficiency of vitamins and nutrients in the body, provoked by the presence of helminths, can provoke the development of certain inflammatory processes. As a rule, they affect the nasal cavity and appear in the form of sinusitis, rhinitis, sinusitis. In some cases, the development of stomatitis is possible.
Helminths can cause complications in the genital area. This problem, resulting from a helminthic invasion, usually occurs in women and girls. Parasitic activity can lead to the development of vaginosis, vaginal dysbiosis, as well as an inflammatory process in the appendages. In most cases, damage to the genitals is accompanied by disturbances in the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, attacks of nausea and vomiting, diarrhea. There is an opinion that teeth grinding at night can also be one of the signs of helminthiasis.
Based on the above, it should be understood that if allergic reactions persist after taking antihistamines, one should think about the development of a pseudo-disease, in this case caused by the harmful effects of parasitic worms.
Possible routes of helminth infection
You can be infected with helminth eggs:
- in case of close contact with wild and domestic animals;
- in the event of consumption of certain types of meat which have not undergone appropriate heat treatment;
- as a result of consuming raw or insufficiently salted fish, caviar, crustaceans;
- in the event of non-compliance with elementary hygiene rules after contact with the ground;
- after swimming in insufficiently clean open water bodies, especially if pets are allowed access;
- by household items, especially if they have been on earth;
- by dirty hands.
The main preventive measure of helminthiasis is the elimination of the above provoking factors. Observe basic hygiene rules, wash vegetables and fruits, cook fish and meat properly and consult a doctor in case of alarming symptoms. Only in this way can you protect yourself from this unpleasant and rather dangerous disease.