Parasites are "uninvited" guests of a person who can live and reproduce in their body. They are bacteria, protozoa, viruses, arthropods, worms. Whatever parasites are attached to a person, they all permanently harm the body, feeding on blood, cells, releasing toxins and toxins. Often the unwanted neighbors of the human body are helminths (worms). In order to know how to get rid of parasites in the body at home with medical or folk remedies, you must first understand everything in order - where they come from and how to protect yourself from them.
Helminths become established in the human body in several ways.
The main methods of invasion:
- Geohelminthic. Parasites enter with contaminated soil, waste residues, faeces carried by flies. Infection occurs through direct contact with domestic or wild animals. Helminth eggs are swallowed with water from open sources.
- Biohelmintic. The larvae penetrate through insufficiently thermally processed meat or fish feed, infected with worms.
- Some worms enter the bloodstream through insect bites.
- Contact. Helminths are spread from person to person. This is how pinworms get infected.
Knowing the ways of helminth infection, you need to remember the simple, but at the same time effective ways to prevent helminthic invasions.
To prevent invasions, the following measures should be taken:
- After contact with the ground, animals should thoroughly clean their hands and nails. Foodstuffs growing in the ground should be washed under running water and scalded with boiling water.
- Meat, fish should only be purchased in specialized stores that respect sanitary control. The products must be carefully cooked in order to destroy any larvae (Finns) of helminths.
- Daily wet cleaning of rooms and bathrooms reduces the risk of contact with worm eggs. An important role is played by the fight against flies, cockroaches, rodents.
- Do not drink raw water from open sources, outdoor animals, or wildlife.
Violation of basic hygiene rules can lead to infection with helminths. It is possible to assume that the worms entered the human body through symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weight loss, allergic reactions, muscle or joint pain, itching, constipation or diarrhea. It is imperative to conduct a laboratory examination to determine the type of worms and the appointment of anthelmintic therapy. In some cases, for example, with echinococcal infection, surgery is necessary.
You can not independently engage in the prevention of helminthiasis with drugs. Self-medication can lead to very serious complications.
Treatment of parasitic diseases
Treatment is assigned to each patient individually, as it depends on the type of pathogen, the area of localization, the age of the person, the condition of the body and other indicators. There are about 70 types of worms. These are nematodes (round), tapeworms (tapeworms, fluke). To combat them, the pharmaceutical industry produces a range of anthelmintic drugs with a narrow and broad spectrum of action. In addition to these dosage forms, doctors also prescribe a complex treatment aimed at restoring the work of damaged organs.
Any anthelmintic pill may only be taken as directed by a doctor. Some medications have side effects such as nausea, abdominal pain, and headaches. Almost all drugs have strong hepatotoxicity - they destroy liver cells, therefore, patients are often prescribed drugs to maintain the physiological health of the liver.
You can get rid of parasites with folk remedies, of course, it is impossible in 1 day, but 3-5 days is enough. Before taking herbs, you should familiarize yourself with the side effects and contraindications.
To expel flat tapeworms living in the intestines, an infusion is prepared from equal doses (20 g each) of buckthorn, tansy and a glass of water. You should drink herbal tea twice a day in a glass. To the resulting mixture you can add a liter of warm boiled water, a clove of chopped garlic, put an enema.
For the second infusion, mix equal portions of wormwood, chamomile, tansy (30 g). Take two tablespoons of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water. Drink twice a day.
You can get rid of roundworms with an infusion of pumpkin seeds, buckthorn, tansy (20 g each). A tabletop collection box infused in a glass of boiling water should be drunk twice a day for three days.
The following is a universal remedy for all types of worms:
- one teaspoon of knapweed, knotweed, wormwood, buckthorn, elecampane, valerian root, eucalyptus and mint;
- two teaspoons of burdock, chamomile, dandelion roots;
- three tablespoons of tansy should be crushed, steamed one tablespoon of powder in a water mill.
You should drink the broth for two weeks, one glass a day.
Since most worms are picked up by the human intestines, you can get rid of them with therapeutic enemas.
Enemas for garlic worms are recommended for children and adults:
- Chop the head of garlic, add a quarter cup of boiling water, let stand for half a day. Infusions for all types of enemas should be diluted with a liter of warm water. Give enemas for at least two weeks.
- For children from three years old, the infusion is prepared from 5 cloves of garlic and half a glass of water. The course lasts two weeks.
- Prepare a mixture of three chopped garlic cloves, a tablespoon of onion grits, pour boiling water (50 ml), insist, filter, add a little lemon juice. Weekly treatment is sufficient.
Pumpkin seeds, a decoction of garlic in milk, help clear tapeworms from the body. In the morning on an empty stomach you need to eat 100 g of raw pumpkin seeds, after an hour drink a glass of garlic milk, put a garlic enema.
Doctors always say that prevention is better than cure. Hygienic skills, culture of food preparation are the main protectors against helminthic invasions. But if it was not possible to protect yourself, then you urgently need to get rid of the pests. Treatment of parasites can take place at home, but only after examination, determination of the type of helminths, with careful implementation of the recommendations of the doctor.